Get Certified >> Move Up Your Career
About Skill Based Training
Much of professional learning is on the job—we get thrown into scenarios, and we are asked to spin gold from thin air—but there is a way to learn before your feet are in the fire.
Join COTHM skills-based training program—short courses that teach new trends and new information within specific job functions. Professional skills training is becoming a popular option for learning and a new access point to acquire targeted skills. It’s a down-and-dirty way to learn what you need, right when you need it.
Before you enroll, ask yourself a few questions:
- Will this course give me the information and tactical skills that I need in my work? (hint: check the syllabus or course description carefully)
- How much money am I comfortable spending on a single course?
- Who is leading the course?
- How much time am I willing to devote to this?
- What name would I trust to provide me with relevant, accurate information?
COTHM offers skill based training courses for the top hospitality and culinary skills most needed in the industry. All courses are developed and led by professionals with current working expertise. COTHM thoroughly evaluates the credentials of our instructors and works closely with them to develop the content and structure of the course.
Ultimately, opting for additional training in your field gives you an edge—it’s a smart, strategic approach to managing your career. Our courses are designed for the professionals that already have the experience or relevant education and simply want to add a layer of expertise to move up.