These certificates provide content specific to whatever area of interest you have. This specialization gives you specific technical and supervisory skills that can help you obtain entry-level management positions.
- This course teaches the skills that can help you develop effective supervision and management skills that are essential to success in the industry. Topics include how to recruit, select, and train; increase productivity; control labor costs; communicate effectively; manage conflict and change; and use time management techniques. Resources on creating a professional development plan for your hospitality career can help you set the direction for future educational and professional endeavors.
- This is AHLEI’s foundational, introductory accounting course. You need no prior accounting experience to take this course. This course will help you develop a solid understanding of hotel and restaurant accounting procedures, with a focus on the computerized accounting used in today’s hospitality accounting situations. You’ll learn about taxation of business income, the role of governmental agencies, and how to read and analyze financial statements. The most recent edition of this textbook incorporates several chapters from Accounting for Hospitality Managers #362.
- Maximizing Revenue in Hospitality Operations – Learn the difference between strategic and tactical revenue management and why that distinction is critical, the tools that are available to revenue managers and when to use them, the broad range of information needed to effectively maximize revenue, vital issues to consider before implementing revenue management tactics, how revenue management is often misunderstood and applied inappropriately, the significant potential consequences of using revenue management poorly, as well as the benefits it can provide when done well.
- Discover how to build a top-flight sales team with creative, successful sales and marketing programs that really work. This course shows how to sell rooms and food and beverage services to business and leisure travelers, travel agents, and meeting planners. Industry professionals provide tips on marketing strategies that work, and sidebars show how concepts presented in the course are applied in today’s industry.
- This course provides readers with the most current and comprehensive coverage of the convention industry, with an in-depth look at conventions and meetings marketing, how to successfully sell to groups, and how to service their business after the sale.