These certificates provide content specific to whatever area of interest you have. This specialization gives you specific technical and supervisory skills that can help you obtain entry-level management positions.
The distance learning program is particularly beneficial for industry professionals who have accumulated experience; require further certification for advancement or promotion in their particular field; and are constrained by time and distance from attending regular classes. Enrolment in this program can begin at any time.
- This course teaches the skills that can help you develop effective supervision and management skills that are essential to success in the industry. Topics include how to recruit, select, and train; increase productivity; control labor costs; communicate effectively; manage conflict and change; and use time management techniques. Resources on creating a professional development plan for your hospitality career can help you set the direction for future educational and professional endeavors.
- Increase front office efficiency and help sales grow with the knowledge and skills gained from this course. Topics include revenue management and the latest technology applications. This course shows how front office activities and functions affect other departments and focuses on how to manage the front office to ensure your property’s goals are met. Case studies and real-world examples present a practical industry focus.
- No property can be profitable without clean rooms and efficient housekeeping operations. Learn what it takes to manage this important department. This course provides a thorough overview, from the big picture of hiring and retaining a quality staff, planning, and organizing, to the technical details for cleaning each area of the hotel. Practical information from industry experts makes the contents of this course immediately applicable to your job situation.
- Security is one of the top concerns in today’s hospitality industry. This course provides the background you need to be informed about the security issues and practices that affect your property every day. Topics include the physical security of the property, asset protection, guest protection, security equipment, emergency management and procedures, OSHA requirements, and more. Exhibits, sample forms and documents, and links to safety and security websites make this course practical and relevant.
- Today’s hospitality operations rely increasingly on computer technology. This course provides a solid grounding in hospitality technology and the management of information systems. Content includes applications for all functional areas, including reservations, rooms, food and beverage, sales and event management, and accounting. You’ll learn the basics of purchasing, implementing, maintaining, and managing today’s information systems. This course also explores systems security and maintenance, e-commerce, and hospitality careers in information technology.