Students of this certificate will have a deep understanding of hospitality and tourism operations including food and beverage, law, front office procedures, finance, accounting, marketing, and management. It is recognized by hospitality employers as evidence of competency in hospitality knowledge.
- This course takes a management perspective in explaining the organization and structure of hotels, restaurants, casinos, cruise lines, and clubs. It includes information on franchising, management contracts, business ethics, human resources, marketing and much more. Charts, exhibits, hospitality industry statistics, and website listings provide useful information that can be applied on the job.
- Get the foundation you need to make smart decisions in food and beverage operations. This course shows how to give guests the highest priority as all details of the food and beverage operation are planned, implemented, and evaluated. You’ll learn how to build business through effective marketing strategies, how to satisfy the food-quality and nutritional demands of guests, and how to increase profits by maximizing service, productivity, and technology.
- This course teaches the skills that can help you develop effective supervision and management skills that are essential to success in the industry. Topics include how to recruit, select, and train; increase productivity; control labor costs; communicate effectively; manage conflict and change; and use time management techniques. Resources on creating a professional development plan for your hospitality career can help you set the direction for future educational and professional endeavors.
- This is AHLEI’s foundational, introductory accounting course. You need no prior accounting experience to take this course. This course will help you develop a solid understanding of hotel and restaurant accounting procedures, with a focus on the computerized accounting used in today’s hospitality accounting situations. You’ll learn about taxation of business income, the role of governmental agencies, and how to read and analyze financial statements. The most recent edition of this textbook incorporates several chapters from Accounting for Hospitality Managers #362.
- Increase front office efficiency and help sales grow with the knowledge and skills gained from this course. Topics include revenue management and the latest technology applications. This course shows how front office activities and functions affect other departments and focuses on how to manage the front office to ensure your property’s goals are met. Case studies and real-world examples present a practical industry focus.
- No property can be profitable without clean rooms and efficient housekeeping operations. Learn what it takes to manage this important department. This course provides a thorough overview, from the big picture of hiring and retaining a quality staff, planning, and organizing, to the technical details for cleaning each area of the hotel. Practical information from industry experts makes the contents of this course immediately applicable to your job situation.
- Today’s hospitality operations rely increasingly on computer technology. This course provides a solid grounding in hospitality technology and the management of information systems. Content includes applications for all functional areas, including reservations, rooms, food and beverage, sales and event management, and accounting. You’ll learn the basics of purchasing, implementing, maintaining, and managing today’s information systems. This course also explores systems security and maintenance, e-commerce, and hospitality careers in information technology.
- Discover how to build a top-flight sales team with creative, successful sales and marketing programs that really work. This course shows how to sell rooms and food and beverage services to business and leisure travelers, travel agents, and meeting planners. Industry professionals provide tips on marketing strategies that work, and sidebars show how concepts presented in the course are applied in today’s industry.