GLOBAL HOSPITALITY MANAGER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Learn How to become an Effective Manager
Learn How Your Managerial Skills Impact Hotel’s Revenue, Save Costs & Build Brand Equity
Learn How to Master top 10 Competencies of Successful Hospitality Managers
SUCCESSFULLY MANAGING PEOPLE
This 3-Days program combines PROVEN-BY-PRACTICE
methods with new INSIGHTS & IDEAS that will grow your
management skills & is a MUST for supervisor,
first line managers, unit heads, department
managers, individuals with management responsibilities
A PLAYFUL SKILL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
7 TOP REASONS TO SIGN UP
- Motivate every member of your team even if they are very different.
- Resolve conflict more effectively in a wide variety of situations.
- Adjust your management and personal style to the needs of different situations.
- Get more done by using the best delegation techniques for each situation.
- Develop a winning people centric culture in your organization.
- Turn difficult people and poor performers into team players.
- Win the cooperation and trust from people in your organization.
- Increase your confidence, leadership skills, personal & professional satisfaction in your job
Why attend this program?
Are you a Manager with 1-5 years of experience?
How do you manage in a global context with multicultural & multigenerational teams?
Does your success depends on how effective you manage your people and team?
Managing a team can be difficult and challenging. Get all the skills you need to become a great people manager in just 3 days. Develop a high-performance team that is motivated and committed with the company goals. Learn to promote a culture of accountability and cooperation within your team, get the skills to delegate and manage conflict effectively, and align your whole team around a common vision to achieve your objectives and those of your company.
What are the key skills you need to become a great manager?
- How do you create a real team spirit and get your people working together?
- How do you delegate and motivate your team and create a culture of accountability?
- How do you get the most out of everyone?
- How do you align the whole team in one direction to achieve your objectives?
- Are you ready to develop a high-performance team and get more done?
- Do you want to learn how to resolve team conflict and get more from your team by adapting your management style to every situation
Who should attend?
If you are a New or Evolving Manager with 1 to 5 years of experience, and whose success depends on managing people successfully through clear communication, a cooperative attitude and commitment to shared goals, this program is for you. Some of the management positions that usually attend to this managerial excellence program are:
- First Line Managers
- Team Leads
- Business Unit Managers
- Head of Sections
- Individual with management responsibilities
Your immediate takeaways
- Resolve team conflict using emotional intelligence
- Listen to people in order to influence them
- Help your direct reports to stay motivated
- Take on increasingly challenging responsibilities
- Inspire your team mates with 1-1 coaching
This program combines proven-by-practice methods with new insights and ideas that will grow your management skills. You will gain a wider perspective of management practice through breakout sessions, business simulated games, exercises, and case applications.
The program is ideal for new managers who want to get quickly up and running in their roles.
How will you benefit?
After participating in this program, you will grow your people management skills and competencies and be able to:
- Motivate every member of your team—even if they are very different
- Build and manage a cohesive high-performing team in a global context
- Adjust your management and personal style to the needs of different situations
- Resolve conflict more effectively in a wide variety of situations
- Get more done by using the best delegation techniques for each situation
- Turn difficult people and poor performers into team players
- Win the cooperation and trust from people in your organization
- Increase your confidence, leadership skills, personal & professional satisfaction in your job
- Use positive and corrective feedback to turn problem employees around
- Clarify the competencies needed in the team and relative to the strategic business context
- Recruit best-fit candidates and better manage the needs of your team during team’s life cycle
- Conduct performance reviews confidently and effectively to fix & redirect low performance
- Adapt your people management appraoch to leverage the cultural diversity of your team
- Manage performance, motivation, reward & show your team you do care about their career
- Coach, give & receive feedback professionally & ensure everyone supports your business goals
During the program you will:
- Network and learn from a diverse group of peers from different functions, industries and cultures
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practise your people management skills using case studies
- Use real examples and role plays over 3 interactive days
- Boost your creativity using games during the program
- Develop problem solving skills during business simulated case studies
“Coming together is a beginning,
Keeping together is progress &
Working together is success.”
What will you learn & practice?
Successfully Managing People is a 3 days hands-on training program, highly interactive with exercises and role plays. The program methodology and topics of discussion are stated below:
Learning Methodology Covers:
- GHMP Framework Introduction
- Experience Management Essentials
- Guest Centric Empathy & Compassion
- Strategic Vision Development
- Guest Centric Design Thinking
- Guest Centric Teamwork
- Guest Centric Leadership
- Guest Centric Culture
- Guest Centric Services
- Guest Centric Analytics
Learning Toolbox Includes:
- GHMP Self-Assessment
- GHMP Vision Statement Canvas
- GHMP Strategy Canvas
- GHMP Team Charter Canvas
- GHMP Storytelling Canvas
- GHMP Value Proposition Canvas
- Guest Persona Canvas
- Empathy & Compassion Map
- Guest Experience Journey Mapping
GHMP Learning Merchandise:
- Participant Workbook
- HospitalityPlus Magazine
- GHMP Self Assessment
- RSI, PSI, PEI assessments + debrief
- eCOTHM GPDP Portal Access
- Changing Roles of Leaders & Managers in Hospitality
- Traditional Management Roles
- Current & Future Management Roles
- Customer Services Mindset
- What, Why & How
- Strategic Customer Service
- Quest for Quality
- Developing & Managing Customer Experience
- What Why & How
- WoW Experience
- Journey Map Approach
- Happy Staff is the Key To Success
- Relationship Building
- Empathy & Compassion
- Social & Emotional Well-being
- Motivation & Trust Building
- Empowering Staff
- Stress Management
- Working Under Pressure
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Decision Making & Problem Solving
- Managing Team Productivity
- Controlling Labor Costs
- How to be a People’s Manager
- Building A Winning Team Culture
- Managing Team Performance
- Managing Time & Resources
- Selecting & Developing Right People
- Managing Conflict & Discipline
- Ethical Managerial Practices
- Diversity & Culture Awareness
- Managing Change
- Emotionally & Socially Intelligent Manager
- Using Social & Emotional Intelligence for Self
- Using Social & Emotional Intelligence at Work
- Technology Savvy Manager
- Handling Tech Savvy Guests
- Technology Enabled Team Work
- Professional Development
- Own Your Development
- Plan Your Development
- Action Plan
Your Course Facilitator
Muhammad Fahd Khan
Director of Hospitality Consulting & Talent Management COTHM Dubai.
Certified Professional Trainer, Writer, Speaker & Psychometric Assessor
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Masters in Management
- CHRDP –Certified Human Resource Development Professional
- CPTP –Certified Psychometric Test Professional
- CPCD –Certified Performance and Competency Developer
- CPHRC –Certified Human Resources & Compensation Professional
- CIC –Certified Psychometric Assessor
Fahd has around 20 years of operational, management, training & consulting experience and has served in multinational companies in various capacities in the industries including manufacturing, textile, construction, hospitality, pharmaceutical, information technology, software development, consulting, business process outsourcing, audit & financial advisory.
His expertise includes people strategy design & development, capacity building & mindset development, talent assessment, creative presentation & information communication and writing.
Fahd philosophy of human development evolved from his association with corporate entities and having trained and delivered several programs across the region. As he reflects on his beliefs regarding learning & development and find that his purpose as a trainer, employability skills coach and facilitator is threefold:
- to ignite the passion for continuous learning
- to promote purposeful learning
- to provide a strong foundation for lifelong learning
Fahd is currently focusing on providing strategic employee experience management and managerial excellence and capacity building of emerging managers & leaders. He delivers keynote speeches and conduct knowledge bootcamps on experience management & leadership topics.
Fahd’s consulting services focuses Purposeful Strategy Design, Meaningful Life & Workplace, Compelling Vision Development, Organization Culture Development, Employee Mindset Development & Engagement and overall Experience Management Evolution.
Fahd’s Articles Published in following notable international publications:
- The Gulf News
- Hospitality Plus Magazine
- Oil and Gas Review Middle East
- The Voice Magazine
- Manager Today Magazine
- The Pakistan Accountant
The education programs of COTHM are accredited by top-ranking British, European and American awarding bodies for Gold Standard Hospitality, Travel, Tourism, and Culinary Arts education and training.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
Get In Touch
We would like to hear from you. Please send us a message by filling out the form and we will get back with you shortly.
Location: M-59, The Curve Building, Sheikh Zayed Rd, Dubai, P.O. Box: 26967, UAE.
Telephone: +971 4 2888895
School Hours: Saturday - Thursday: 8 am - 6:30 pm